VLKSM Honor photography

Tutti i Documenti, Tessere, Certificati e Libri con rilevanza storica e collezionistica dell'URSS
Rispondi
komsomol
Moderatore

VLKSM Honor photography

Messaggio da komsomol »

Coming from Ukraine, a recent honor photo... as a friend wrote in his book, this promising young man could later have become one of those new capitalism spearheads in 1992... [255
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
GC*
Moderatore

Re: VLKSM Honor photography

Messaggio da GC* »

Nice one!
What interests me is, this certificate was issued in Kharkhov, but it is entirely and only written in Russian and not in Ukrainian..

Yet the Ukrainian branch of the Komsomol-ВЛКСМ was the ЛКСМУ (Ле́нінська Комуністи́чна Спі́лка Мо́лоді Украї́ни). It had its own logo and it awarded its own badges.
Емблема_ЛКСМУ.jpg
35342272.jpg

So my question is: why is this certificate entirely in Russian as well as the badge? [137 [137
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
komsomol
Moderatore

Messaggio da komsomol »

Hello, this is an interesting point. I've got several docs for a delegate in the Khmelnitski town, and docus are both in ukrainian and russian langages.
Regaleco
Amministratore

Messaggio da Regaleco »

Nice doc Komsomol! Interesting and suggestive photo, there is a synthetic silk banner behind the badge/doc owner, material and embroidery style typical for the last banners production.
Lapa

Messaggio da Lapa »

Guys,

I think there might be a simple explanation: Kharkov is located in the Russian-speaking part of the Ukraine.

Marc
GC*
Moderatore

Messaggio da GC* »

Lapa ha scritto: Guys,

I think there might be a simple explanation: Kharkov is located in the Russian-speaking part of the Ukraine.

Marc
That is the first thing I thought about myself, but was not sure about the specific Soviet approach to Russian-speaking regions outside the RSFSR.
Doing some reading on Volodymyr Vasylyovych Shcherbytsky, Secretary of the CP of Ukraine at that time, it however does seem he supported mild Russification policies in the whole of Ukraine, which probably meant that in predominantly Russian-speaking Oblasts of Ukraine, Russian might have been often used dispensing with the Ukrainian mirrored translation.

Problem solved it seems.
Rispondi