Medalla por la lucha contra los bandidos

Rispondi
komsomol
Moderatore

Medalla por la lucha contra los bandidos

Messaggio da komsomol »

New in stock.. it seems that regular flows of medal go towards Spain.
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
GC*
Moderatore

Re: Medalla por la lucha contra los bandidos

Messaggio da GC* »

Great! First Cuban medal on the forum! [264

The suspension look incredibly East German..
andrej
Moderatore

Messaggio da andrej »

A good looking medal, after all. But...it seems that the colours of the ribbon do not match with those printed in the booklet [137

I presume that this is a medal for the partecipation in operations against smugglers and this kind of criminals. I really do not know what other kind of "bandidos" were in Cuba in 1991...
Мы строим БАМ, БАМ строит нас!
GC*
Moderatore

Messaggio da GC* »

The medal refers to the campaign led by pro-Fidel forces in 1959-1965 against splinters of the original anti-Batista movement, remaining Batista forces and disaffected farmer, with some CIA suppor. The insurgents were located on the Escambray mountains.

It is not renown, but the campaign was very extensive, at time involving more troops than the ones deployed against the Batista Government and very bloody. Many Government forces perished and few of the originals rebel survived battles or firing squads. Cuba is still filled with memorials and plaques for those who died in the fight against the "bandits".
komsomol
Moderatore

Messaggio da komsomol »

Hello, thank you very much for the historical explanation. About the ribon, I checked in the only reference book, and it seems that the document isn't correct... so could it be the book in tiself? Cuba is such a unfrequented subject...
Rispondi