Order booklet nr. 886529
1. Last name: Rossolovsky
2. First name and patronymic: Ivan Yakovlevich
3. Military rank: Major
4. Sex: Male
5. Year of birth: 1920
6. Place of birth: Kamenez-Podolsk Oblast, Volochinskii Region, Ivankovzi Village.
7. Party membership (since which year): Member of VKPB since 1943
8. Education: Secondary
9. Nationality: Ukrainian
10. Since which year in the Red Army: 25.11.1939 till 12.2.1947
11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position at the time of the award: 19th Tank Corp, Commander of recon company, Assistant Chief of Staff of 4th Tank Brigade.
12. Current place of service and position: Kamenez-Podolsk Oblast, Volochinskii Region, Volochisk II Village, Chief of Teahouse.
13. Home address of the awardee: Kamenez-Podolsk Oblast, Volochinskii Region, Ivankovzi Village.
14. Record of all awards received:
Signature of the awardee: [signed]
I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):
Vochinsk Region Commissariat
Major [signed] /XXX/
April 19, 1947
1. Last name, first name and patronymic: Rossolovsky Ivan Yakovlevich
2. Military rank: Lieutenant
3. Position and unit: Commander of the armored car company, 8th separate reconnaissance battalion, 19th Tank Corp.
4. Year of birth: 1920
5. Nationality: Ukrainian
6. Party affiliation: Member of VKPB since 1943
7. Participation in civil war and afterwards combat defending USSR and Patriotic War (where and when): Great Patriotic War: 8th Separate reconnaissance battalion of the Central front since 20.7.1942
8. Wounds and contusions received in patriotic war: None.
9. Since when in the Red Army: 1939
10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Vochinsk Region Military Commissariat, Kamenez-Podolsk Oblast
11. Awards received previously: Not Awarded
12. Permanent home address: ______________
Short, concrete description of his combat feat or merits:
Commander of the armoured car company, comrade Rossolovsky for the period from July 5 personally participated in 12 combat reconnaissance raids. As courageous and competent commander was entrusted delivery of the most urgent and valuable reports.
On 6.07.1943 near Kashary reconnaissance patrol was cut off by enemy tanks, it was ordered to Lieutenant Rossolovsky, using the cover of darkness, to skip the line of enemy tanks and bring the watch unit to the core of the battalion. The job was done in time, the personnel of the company commanded by Lieutenant Rossolovsky performs all tasks with courage and initiative.
For his courage and bravery, for his skillful command of a company, the preservation of the material part, Lieutenant Rossolovsky worthy of government award Order of the Patriotic War 2 degree.
Commander of the 8th ORB
Major [signed] /Grigoriev/
July 20, 1943
Agree with the nomination. Award by the Order of the Patriotic War 2 degree.
Commander of 19th Tank Corp
Major-General Armoured Force [signed] /Vasiliev/
July 23, 1943