OPW 2 Classe 249120 Capitano Krivun' Nikolaj Danilovič (Кривунь Николай Данилович)

Le decorazioni singole o in gruppo accompagnate da ricerca d'archivio
Rispondi
airfix
Moderatore

OPW 2 Classe 249120 Capitano Krivun' Nikolaj Danilovič (Кривунь Николай Данилович)

Messaggio da airfix »

Ecco il risultato della ricerca di quella che e' una OPW di II classe con uno dei seriali piu' bassi in mio possesso ( :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28971&p=607117&hilit=249120#p607117 ) che ho corredato di nuove e migliori foto.
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
Lode a Mishima e a Majakovskij
GC*
Moderatore

Re: OPW 2 Classe 249120 Capitano Krivun' Nikolaj Danilovič (Кривунь Николай Данилович)

Messaggio da GC* »

FANTERIA DI MARINA!!! [151 [151 [151 [151
morpehi_iune1942.jpg
Foto di Fanti di Marina a Sebastopoli

Che ricerca incredibile! Personalmente ho una passione sfrenata per i Fanti di Marina (al tempo della IIGM marinai diventati fanti, per l'esattezza), per le i loro mantelli neri e per il soprannome affibbiatogli dai Nazisti (Morte Nera).

E come se non bastasse l'eroica difesa di Sebastopoli. Un pezzo carico di così tanta storia è davvero emozionante.

Che cosa incredibile sarebbe possedere un'uniforme da Fante di Marina del periodo bellico.. [160

Ah, casomai ti venisse voglia di scoprire dove sta questa collina 8, penso potresti trovare utile questa (incredibile) mappa.
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
Egorka

Re: OPW 2 Classe 249120 Capitano Krivun' Nikolaj Danilovič (Кривунь Николай Данилович)

Messaggio da Egorka »

Quite an impressive record and award list.
Interestingly, he was recommended for OPW First class, and approval went fine all the way to the Black Sea Navy HQ.
But the decree was anyway for OPWII...

Also in the citation for OPW we read that he previously was awarded Red Banner for a personal feat while saving Colonel ZHIDILOV.
But the citation for the Red Banner signed by ZHIDILOV does not mention it. Many other events are mentioned (50% the OPW citation are the events from Red Banner citation), but no mention of colonel rescue.
Also the memoirs written by ZHIDILOV does not mention KRIVUN' saving him. ZHIDILOV only mentions the episode when KRIVUN' participated in extraction of 8 sailor from encirclement, when KRIVUN' was "severely wounded".
ZHIDILOV makes an apparent, but forgiveable, mistakes here in his memoirs about KRIVUN'.
The episode with 8 sailors happened on 15 January 1942. But the severe wound was sustained by KRIVUN' on 11 of June 1942.
In the connection to the collapse of the Soviet defences around Sevastopol he was declared MIA on 03 July 1942.
But not to worry, the Red Banner citation is from 22/July and it says "has not been in captivity" and it is not posthumous award.

Here is photo of ZHIDILOV's memoirs.
And the photo of the memorial plaque in Sevastopol.
-= Archival research Service for Soviet awards. PM if interested. =- [50
Egorka

Messaggio da Egorka »

Two more quick comments.
It is more proper like this:
11 Place of service (name of the unit) and position held at the time of awarding : 1 Minesweeper Brigade of Black Sea Fleet - Secretary of the party commission
13 Home address of the recipient: city of Tbilisi, Kamo str, house #50.
airfix
Moderatore

Messaggio da airfix »

Thank you for your comment and clarification Egorka, i knew that Captain Krivun had been mentioned in the memoirs of Colonel Zhidilov, but I did not know the details as it was sent to me in cyrillic and I realized that it was initially proposed for OPW first class. But i don't know the Russian language, a grave lack for those who love Soviet Faleristica, i know :(
This is the passage of Colonel's memoirs that has been sent to me:
В темноте возвращаюсь на командный пункт. Здесь уже дожидается меня комиссар Ищенко. Он рассказывает о том, как проходил бой в полосе наступления батальона капитана Гегешидзе. Здесь тоже немцы оказали сильное противодействие. Беспримерную храбрость проявил политрук шестой роты младший политрук Николай Данилович Кривунь. В разгар боя один из взводов оказался отрезанным от своих. Заметив это, Кривунь сказал секретарю партийной организации роты Григорию Игнатенко:
— Спешим на выручку!
Скрываясь в кустах и переползая открытые места, Кривунь и Игнатенко прорвались в расположение взвода. Когда бойцы увидели, что с ними их любимец — политрук, будто силы у них удвоились. Кривунь собрал моряков и повел в атаку. В рукопашной схватке бойцы прорвали вражеское кольцо, уничтожив при этом до полуроты фашистов. Впереди шел коммунист Николай Кривунь. Людей спас, а себя не уберег: в этом бою он был тяжело ранен.
Egorka

Messaggio da Egorka »

Translation:
I (i.e. ZHIDILOV) return to the commander post in the dark. Here is commissar Ischenko waiting for me. He tells me about the fight which occurred in the sector of Captain Gegeshidze. Here the Germans also showed strong resistance. Unprecedented gallantry was revealed by the politruk of the 6th company Jr.Politruk Nikolaj Danilovich KRIVUN'. In the heat of the battle one of the platoons was cut off the main forces. Noticing this, KRIVUN' said to the Secretary of the Company Party commission Grigory Ignatenko:
- Rush to the rescue!
Taking cover in the bushes and crawling across open areas, KRIVUN' and Ignatenko managed to get to the platoon position. When the soldiers, that their beloved politruk is among them, their energy doubled. KRIVUN' assembled the sailors and lead them into assault. In hindsight they broke out of the encirclement, annihilating up to half a company of fascists. They were lead by the communist Nikolaj KRIVUN'. He saved the men, but could not save himself: in this engagement he was severely wounded.
airfix
Moderatore

Messaggio da airfix »

Thanx a lot Egorka [257
rocketscientist
Moderatore

Messaggio da rocketscientist »

Very nice example of OGPW2 with low serial number and a lot of history behind! Definitely a great catch, airfix. And many thanks to Egorka for the valuable information to complement the research. It looks to me that this Captain Zhidlov has been a celebrity at a certain moment in time.
Rispondi