BM 71.762 - Petr Mikhailovich Ioshin

Le decorazioni singole o in gruppo accompagnate da ricerca d'archivio
Rispondi
Alvarez

BM 71.762 - Petr Mikhailovich Ioshin

Messaggio da Alvarez »

Hello forum mates,

Here a new BM, low serial number 71.762 awarded to politruk Petr Mikhailovich Ioshin in 18.09.1942 as part of the 5th section of special department of NKVD (called OO/NKVD and after april 1943 SMERSH) in coastal group forces of Leningrad front.

He was born in 1917 in Torzhok, Kalinin, and during the war was awarded with that BM 71.762, ORS 474.830, medal for Leningrad defense and medal for victory against Germany.

Brief and specific description of the personal feat or merits:
"He has been serving as a Politruk since the beginning of the Patriotic war. He participated in the battles against the German invaders, in which he exhibited courage and bravery: 8 times went into assault and the last time sustained 3 wounds: in the chest, in the leg, and in the arm.

Despite only short period of his engagement in the special NKVD department of the Coastal Group of Forces, he achieved success in his operative field work, thanks to his prescience and initiative. The exposed and liquidated several group and individual cases. In total of 22 men: terrorism, criminal self-injury, anti-Soviet elements.
"

It is always a pleasure to get something related with OO/NKVD. Find some pictures attached, I am not sure about the autenticity of some parts of the suspension, specially the ribbon (looks new).
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
Lapa

Re: BM 71.762 - Petr Mikhailovich Ioshin

Messaggio da Lapa »

Alvarez,

Apart from the recently replaced ribbon, it looks good to me [264

Marc
filo
Moderatore

Messaggio da filo »

[264
Sii il vento, e non la foglia - С уважением, filo [hatt
ruiz

Messaggio da ruiz »

Maintaining "order" in Leningrad was arduous and difficult task. Desertions, soldiers and demoralized population, cases of cannibalism ... terrible. Beautiful award.

Felicidades amigo.
rocketscientist
Moderatore

Messaggio da rocketscientist »

Definitely interesting, but also frightening. He disposed of 22 men which I understand were soviet soldiers, presumably defectors, or civilians.
A very uncommon, astonishing citation, at least in my little knowledge.
Good catch, thank you for sharing.
Rispondi