CSM 116.340 - Iosif Evelevich Borsch

Le decorazioni singole o in gruppo accompagnate da ricerca d'archivio
Rispondi
Alvarez

CSM 116.340 - Iosif Evelevich Borsch

Messaggio da Alvarez »

Hello forum mates,

Here a new Combat Service Medal, serial number 116.340 awarded to sr. politruk Iosif Evelevich Borsch in 06.12.1942 as deputy commander for political work of the 1st company, 261th separate sapper battalion,197th rifle division. He was born in 1903 in Misk (Belarus).

Brief and specific description of the personal feat or merits:

"Sr. Politruk BORSCH I.E. has been in the battalion since its formation. He has performed the duties of the company Politruk and the secretary of the local VKP(b) organisation. He dedicated a lot of effort to raising fighting spirit among the company troops, increasing activity among the Party and Komsomol members, properly explained and inspired them to fulfil the combat objectives given by the Command. Comrade BORSCH’s company conducted a great deal of work during the company combat deployment period: rebuild the bridge across the river Yuon near the village Veshenskaya, bill new and repaired existing roads, built commander and observation posts, minelaying missions on the front line, raft and assault ladders construction, construction of pillboxes, and many other tasks.

I the engagement for the khutor Maliy Gromok and the hill 132.5 on 24 November 1942, his company provided engineering reconnaissance of the roads for the assaulting unit. Comrade BORSCH was among the enlisted men and the commanders. He properly set up the tasks for fulfilment of the given objectives. The company executed all its missions quickly and with good quality. Comrade BORSCH deserves to be bestowed with medal “For Combat Merits”
".

197th rifle division fought in Stalingrad, indeed the places mentioned in the citation (village Veshenskaya and Elenskaya) are quite close to Stalingrad.

I got a ORS for a political worker in stalingrad and a couple of OO/NKVD awards and my idea is to put all of them together in a display, I will show once I got it finished.

Regards
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
ruiz

Re: CSM 116.340 - Iosif Evelevich Borsch

Messaggio da ruiz »

Cool medal.
I got a ORS for a political worker in stalingrad and a couple of OO/NKVD awards and my idea is to put all of them together in a display, I will show once I got it finished.
We await that moment with great impatience.

Felicidades amigo
filo
Moderatore

Re: CSM 116.340 - Iosif Evelevich Borsch

Messaggio da filo »

[264
Sii il vento, e non la foglia - С уважением, filo [hatt
Rispondi