ORS 968393

Tutti gli Ordini e le Decorazioni associate ai Titoli, Militari o Civili, dell'URSS
Rispondi
Ericfg

ORS 968393

Messaggio da Ericfg »

Questo è strano, a me. Non ho mai visto un senza il medaglione di centro e non ebbi idea che il posto della vite fu inserito in un buco nella base di stella. È stato infilato e avvitato in posto, o senza fili e semplicemente saldato? Lo compri adesso su eBay per circa 20 US$ se qualcuno ha interesse.
This one is strange, to me. I have never seen one without the center medallion and I had no idea that the screw-post was inserted into a hole in the star base. Was it threaded and screwed into place, or without threads and simply soldered? Buy it now on ebay for around US$20 if anyone is interested.

US ebay: 182932964519
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
Grazie, Eric.
rocketscientist
Moderatore

Re: ORS 968393

Messaggio da rocketscientist »

I would have imagined that the screw was part of the center medallion. Anyhow, who knows how was it fixed to the star?
Ericfg

Messaggio da Ericfg »

Sono andato al sito di Mondvor e ho trovato questa spiegazione: «saldato in una cavità particolarmente trapanata con l'aiuto di lega per saldatura d'argento PSR-65». Non sicuro quale PSR-65 è. Proprio so che il medaglione è un pezzo molto sottile quindi non provvedrebbe una base solida per il posto di vite. La saldatura del posto fermamente alla base di stella più grossa ha molto più senso. E forse hanno fatto questo perché erano venute molte stelle basse postali dalla vite il loro posto indipendenti da logorio?
I went to the Mondvor site and found this explanation: "soldered in a specially drilled cavity with the help of silver solder PSR-65". Not sure what PSR-65 is. I do know the medallion is a very thin piece so it wouldn't provide a solid base for the screw post. Soldering the post firmly to the thicker star base makes a lot more sense. And maybe they did that because a lot of the screw-post base stars had their post come unattached from wear?
Grazie, Eric.
Egorka

Messaggio da Egorka »

Hello,

From 1943 the new screw post construction on Red Stars was introduced. This was done to increase efficiency and production rate.
The screw posts were made from long silver rods and then cut into predefined length.
A whole drilled in the star base and widened on the front side (in order to make place for solder).
then screw post was pressed in to the whole.
After that it was soldered from the front side.
Solder PSr-65: "P" for solder. "Sr" for Silver. 65 - in the silver content, i.e. 65%. The rest is copper and zinc. Melting temperature is 740 °С.
[hatt
-= Archival research Service for Soviet awards. PM if interested. =- [50
rocketscientist
Moderatore

Messaggio da rocketscientist »

Thank you, Egorka. This confirms the photos posted by EricFg. Then the base star od the Order is exactly as it should be.
Ericfg

Messaggio da Ericfg »

Sì, grazie, Egorka per quelle informazioni utili. Ho trovato altra immagine nei miei file della stessa situazione; RS senza medaglione che mostra il posto della vite.
Yes, thank you, Egorka for that helpful information. I found another image in my files of the same situation; RS without medallion showing the screw-post.
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
Grazie, Eric.
Alfred

Messaggio da Alfred »

Here is a picture from my database. The screw is lost.

best regards
Andreas
Rispondi