ORS 45.365

Tutti gli Ordini e le Decorazioni associate ai Titoli, Militari o Civili, dell'URSS
Rispondi
Alvarez

ORS 45.365

Messaggio da Alvarez »

Hello,

Order of red star serial number 45.365. Awarded to Grigory Ivanovich Ship, pilot in 700th aviation regiment on 27/07/1942.

Description of the personal feat or merits:

"Comrade SHIP is courageous, resolute, initiative and disciplined pilot. He is possess excellent airplane piloting skills. He can operate both day and night in difficult meteorological conditions.
He is resolute and resilient in his combat work – he conducted 3-4 combat sorties per night without any regard to time and fatigue.
During the air strikes at the enemy troops concentrations and enemy strongholds, he skilfully applies element of surprise and breaking through enemy AA fire strikes the target.
During his active duty, he conducted 40 night combat bombing sorties totalling 88 hours and 20 minutes of flying time.
In the operation during 02.07.42 -10.07.42, , making 2-3 sorties per night, he conducted 11 night combat sorties, which totalled 28 hours 20 minutes, and delivered 1500kg of bomb load. As the result of one of the sorties, direct bomb hit into enemy trucks concentration was observed, two trucks caught on fire.
For exhibited gallantry and precise bombing of enemy targets, he is worthy of order “RED BANNER”.

He also was awarded with OPWII, I got the documents and the description of the personal feat or merits are awsome:

"He participates in combat work against German fascism since 1 September 1941. By the decree # 0804 issued on 29.07.42 by Western front Command, he was awarded an order “RED STAR” for 40 combat sorties flown for 700 aviation regiment /today 24 Guards night bomber aviation regiment/ during the period from March 1942 till 14 July 1942.
In the combat work of our regiment he is involved since 19 July 1942. During the period of combat work in the regiment he showed himself as an exceptional pilot, gallant and cool-headed in fight, determined and steady, who is always capable of accomplishing most difficult objectives.
During the combat work at the regiment, he made 130 combat night sorties on R-5 plane, of those ground target bombing missions – 95 combat sorties; reconnaissance sorties – 15 combat sorties, and special assignments for delivering cargo with ammunition and supplies to our partisans behind enemy line – 20 combat sorties (including 6 with landing on partisan airstrips behind enemy line).
During combat mission he dropped 50000kg of different bombs types over the enemy troops, spread 200000 leaflets for German soldiers, delivered 8500kg of ammunition, equipment, and supplies to partisans. The crew mate reported, that the following enemy equipment was destroyed and damaged: 30 trucks, 12 AA searchlights, 2 tanks, 5 train cars, 6 AA firing positions.
Not once he exhibited examples of piloting skills, gallantry, and resourcefulness during combat missions.
On 15 September 1942, conducting reconnaissance mission in the vicinity of town ZHIZDRA, and knowing that there is no strong enemy AA defence and searchlights, he was flying at 500-600 meters altitude. Suddenly, the enemy opened dense barrage fire at the plane from the ground. Lieutenant SHIP increased the altitude and decided to explore the enemy firing positions. After dropping an illumination bomb, the crew discovered moving enemy transport column. Comrade SHIP reduced throttle and the gliding plane struck blow with whole bomb load on enemy forces causing secondary explosions and fire. Descending to hedgehop altitude, the crew attacked the column with their machine-guns.
23 September 1942 during a day combat mission for transporting our tank crew personnel, the comrade SHIP’s plane was suddenly attacked by enemy airplanes ME-109. Four enemy airplane one after one attacked our heavy loaded plane, but
the pilot skilfully manoeuvring escaped the enemy fighters fire. Nonetheless the enemy vultures managed to damage the plane – the engine and controls failed. The propeller stopped, but the gallant pilot skilfully glide over forest’s treetops and
lands successfully on a field.
In spite of numerous enemy fighter assaults, comrade SHIP’s excellent piloting skills saved both our tank-commander’s lives and the combat airplane.
28 November 1942 the crew got mission orders to bomb enemy airfield in NOVOE SELO. Approaching the objective the crew observed an active airfield. Descending, Lt. SHIP turned on the running lights and assumed holding pattern circling over the enemy airfield. Mistaking his plane with a German one, the ground control gave landing signal. Imitating landing and with reduced throttle, the gallant pilot approached the target and from a low altitude struck the runway and the parked enemy planes with whole bomb load. The enemy tried to locate the plane – 14 searchlights combed the sky, AA positions opened hurricane fire, but the crew hedgehopping left the danger zone and successfully returned home.
During the combat mission on the night from 3rd to 4th February 1943, which objective was to deliver ammunition and supplies to our partisans at village SHIRKOVO, Lt. SHIP’s airplane was hit from the ground by AA fire and was forced
to land at the partisan location behind the enemy line. After delivering the cargo to the “Kotovsky” partisan brigade they burnt the damaged airplane and stayed behind with the partisan unit. From 4 February until 17 March 1943 Lt. SHIP
served with the “Kotovsky” partisan brigade. Together with them he escaped from enemy encircled partisan camp out of “Vadinsky” forest, he prepared new landing strip, collected and gathered food supplies, did patrol duties, engaged enemy
troops. Comrade SHIP exhibited true gallantry enduring hardship and famine, covering long marches on foot, fighting his way out through the ring of enemy forces. Only by 17 March 1943 he came out to our advancing forward units and
successfully came back to the home unit.
Outstanding fulfilment of ammunition and supplies transportation missions for the benefit of SHIRKOVO partisans /“Kotovsky” brigade/ by the regiment pilots, including comrade SHIP, is confirmed by the feedback from Chief of Central
partisan HQ of Western front, which sent a relation #0782 on 11.03.42 to the Commander of 1 Aviation Army.
He is fully committed to achieve mission goals, fully dedicates his piloting skills and experience. Has never had any incidents in his flying career. He pilots skilfully and confidently and can complete with honours any combat mission.
For excellent completion of combat missions on the front of struggle against the German invaders, for gallantry, I recommend him for order PATRIOTIC WAR 2 CLASS."
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
filo
Moderatore

Re: ORS 45.365

Messaggio da filo »

Splendido, un pilota di bombardiere, ma purtroppo non ho capito di quale aereomobile era alla guida.
Splendid, a bomber pilot, but unfortunately I did not understand what aircraft was driving.
Sii il vento, e non la foglia - С уважением, filo [hatt
128VAM

Messaggio da 128VAM »

bellissimo ordine [151 e in perfette condizioni [hatt
airfix
Moderatore

Messaggio da airfix »

filo ha scritto: non ho capito di quale aereomobile era alla guida.
unfortunately I did not understand what aircraft was driving.
Il Polikarpov 2 :arrow: http://allaces.ru/sssr/struct/p/bap700.php
Lode a Mishima e a Majakovskij
airfix
Moderatore

Messaggio da airfix »

Alvarez, can you post the documentation?
Alvarez

Messaggio da Alvarez »

Hello,

Here teh documents of the Red Star:
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
airfix
Moderatore

Messaggio da airfix »

Perfetto. Grazie. [264
airfix
Moderatore

Messaggio da airfix »

This is the Prikaz (number 42 on page 5)
Regaleco
Amministratore

Messaggio da Regaleco »

During the combat work at the regiment, he made 130 combat night sorties on R-5 plane]
Also the Polikarpov R-5, another reconnaissance/ light bomber biplane used during many night missions by the VVS in WWII.
Really a nice Red Star Alvarez!
airfix
Moderatore

Messaggio da airfix »

Regaleco ha scritto:
During the combat work at the regiment, he made 130 combat night sorties on R-5 plane]
Also the Polikarpov R-5, another reconnaissance/ light bomber biplane used during many night missions by the VVS in WWII.
Really a nice Red Star Alvarez!
Grazie per la precisazione. [264
Egorka

Messaggio da Egorka »

Nice Star! Excellent citations! [hatt

The episode in the OPWII citation when the pilot transported tank crew personnel. Ever wondered how 2 seats bi-plane can carry more passengers?
This is how it was done. In containers under the wings.
p-5.JPG
-= Archival research Service for Soviet awards. PM if interested. =- [50
Rispondi