ORB 136.491

Tutti gli Ordini e le Decorazioni associate ai Titoli, Militari o Civili, dell'URSS
Rispondi
Alvarez

ORB 136.491

Messaggio da Alvarez »

Hello,

I have a new ORB, serial number 136.491 awarded to Gavriil Vasilyevich Stepanov in spring of 1944.

He was a leader of the sabotage squad operated in Belarus and awarded with partisan medal 1st class. A brief description of the merits:

"During his time in the partisan detachment, he showed himself to be a brave and determined commander. Under his leadership and personal participation 14 enemy trains were derailed: 3 trains with people, 4 trains with military equipment, guns and tanks, 2 trains with gasoline and 5 trains with food. As a result of the derailments, 1813 German soldiers and officers were killed and 971 were injured. An active participant and organizer of the partisan movement in the Vitebsk region."

I have some extra documents and possibly I will ask to Egorka for a research. It is a great award with great history and the best mate for my partisan medal.

I hope you like it.
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
rocketscientist
Moderatore

Re: ORB 136.491

Messaggio da rocketscientist »

I find the Order absolutely correct and in excellent conditions. The recipient, being a partisan, is actually very peculiar and hard to find. Overall. it appears to be a terrific catch, Alvarez, and it is definitely worth a more in depth research and, of course, the full story be published in this forum! [278
komsomol
Moderatore

Messaggio da komsomol »

Terrific grouping... no original docs with it?

You spoke about addtionnal docs, I'm eager to see them. I believe your partisan medal deserves a high-res picture for us.
Alvarez

Messaggio da Alvarez »

Yes, I love that ORB, items related with partisans are really interesting.

The documents are from moscow archive, but if you want I could post them.

I have a couple of partisan medals 1st class. One for silver collection and the second one for the partisan collection. You can see both of them here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29509&start=75

Not the best pictures...
komsomol
Moderatore

Messaggio da komsomol »

So you don't have the original ordenskaya knijka?

Yes, I believe the archive docs would be interesting!
Alvarez

Messaggio da Alvarez »

No I don't have original ordenskaya knijka, maybe I did not explain myself well.

Once I have more information, I will post it.

Regards
filo
Moderatore

Messaggio da filo »

[151 [257
Sii il vento, e non la foglia - С уважением, filo [hatt
Alvarez

Messaggio da Alvarez »

Hello, finally I have the translation of the description of the merits from the citatiom:

"During his service in the partisan unit, he proved himself as courageous and decisive commander. Under his leadership and with his personal participation, 14 enemy trains were derailed: 3 trains withnenemy troops, 4 trains with military materiel (trucks, armoured vehicles, tanks, cannons, motorcycles and other), 2 trains with fuel, and 5 trains with food supplies. As the result of this actions, 1813 enemy troops were killed and 971 wounded.
He is an active participant and organiser of partisan movement in Vitebsk region.
Comrade STEPANOV is worthy of a state award - order “For Combat Merits”."

On the other hand I have also the translation of the personal file:

"Combat assessment:
Being a sabotage group commander for just a short time (since March 1943), he managed to organise, grow and arm the unit from just 4 men to a formidable force of 120 men. During the period of comrade STEPANOV leadership, the following sabotage action on the railway line were performed:
enemy trains derailed - 70; of these 14 wit enemy troops. In these crushes, 6326 enemy troops had been killed and wounded. The following damage to the enemy equipment casued: tanks - 97; armoured vehicles - 99; vehicles - 162; canons - 19; aircrafts - 1. Three railway and 14 normal bridges destroyed. There were conducted several sabotage actions agains the German government offices and enterprises on the Lithuanian territory. Personally comrade STEPANOV has 27 enemy derailed trains on his account. Of these, 6 were with enemy troops, in which there were killed and wounded 3119 enemy troops. ) trains were loaded with military equipment: tanks damaged - 41; armoured vehicles - 57, vehicles - 71; cannons - 19; aircrafts - 1. He excellently executed the sabotage operation o the road Ashmyany-Wilno, in which 3 trucks were hit and military loot captured. Leading his troops by personal example of decisiveness and gallantry, comrade STEPANOV excellently performed in the operation “Rail war” just before the approach of the advancing Red Army. 72 rails were blown up on the railway line Wilno-Dvinsk. He is disciplined and morally stable."

I will have more information in the future (provided for the forum-mate egorka), I will share with all of you.
filo
Moderatore

Messaggio da filo »

Alvarez ha scritto:Hello, finally I have the translation of the description of the merits from the citatiom:

I will have more information in the future (provided for the forum-mate egorka), I will share with all of you.

Thanks Alvarez [257 [264
Sii il vento, e non la foglia - С уважением, filo [hatt
komsomol
Moderatore

Messaggio da komsomol »

This is the dreamed citation for a medal! Congratulations! [278
Rispondi