Order of Honour n. 1560490

Tutti gli Ordini e le Decorazioni associate ai Titoli, Militari o Civili, dell'URSS
Rispondi
LUIGI DE SANTIS

Order of Honour n. 1560490

Messaggio da LUIGI DE SANTIS »

Che ne pensate ? Non lo trovo molto convincente

Immagine
11.jpg
Immagine
22.jpg
Immagine
33.jpg
Immagine
44.jpg
Immagine
55.jpg
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
Lapa

Re: Order of Honour n. 1560490

Messaggio da Lapa »

LUIGI,

This was originally an Order of the Badge of Honor. The leaves, hammer and sickle are a fake add-on.

Marc
LUIGI DE SANTIS

Messaggio da LUIGI DE SANTIS »

Grazie Marc,
La tua convinzione viene dal modo con cui è stato aggiunto o dalla stessa forma delle foglie e del martello ?

Il Mc. Daniel and Schmitt come range di numerazione per questo ordine individua l'intervallo compreso tra 1.463.549 e 1.574.191.
Non si notano sul fondo tracce di modifica del seriale, se non il fatto che non tutti i numeri sono esattamente uguali in altezza e questo è inciso a punta rotante con molta leggerezza.
Lapa

Messaggio da Lapa »

Luigi,

McDaniel's book is now antiquated at best. It is still a nice book to have, but the information it contains is no longer up to date.
The serial number range mentioned is exact, the lowest numbered Order of Honor produced is number 1463430, the last one ever manufactured was 1577929. Now, it is important to understand that, in this serial number range, both the Order of Honor and the Order of the Badge of Honor were produced, in batches of 100 pieces (or multiple therof). All in all, about 15000 Orders of Honor were manufactured.

Your base of your piece is genuine, and so is its serial number which was not altered. However, the words ЗНАК ПОЧЕТА in the lower part of the obverse were erased, and fake leaves were riveted. The leaves are easily recognizable as they roughly approximate the original ones: shape of the leaves, of the vein, poorly defined sickle blade, etc. On the reverse, the rivet heads are not looking the proper way.
Hope this helps,

Marc
Rispondi