Tutte le Medaglie, Civili o Militari, dell'URSS
Rispondi
Alfred

Customized Medals

Messaggio da Alfred »

interesting repair

best regards
Andreas
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
Pakkenen

Re: Customized Medals

Messaggio da Pakkenen »

A good pair of combat medals! [264

A repair option made by the veteran himself. Soldering ears sometimes could not stand wearing.
Veterans often did not consider it necessary to contact a professional jeweler for repairs, when repair could be done by himself. This is the specificity of the older generation - not to rely on someone, not to wait, but to do it yourself.
rocketscientist
Moderatore

Messaggio da rocketscientist »

Interesting solution for broken suspension rings, nevertheless it is curious how the veteran managed to break both medals of his in the same way. Another strange coincidence is the bar, which looks considerably newer than the medals.
Is it proven that the two medals were awarded to the same person?
Pakkenen

Messaggio da Pakkenen »

Dear colleague rocketscientist is right! He drew attention and asked interesting questions, about which I immediately did not pay attention! :oops: :oops: In addition, I would have noticed that the ribbon of the medal "For Military Merit" does not correspond.

But on the other hand, I would like to note that after the Second World War veterans were calm about their awards and often gave them to play for children ( Sometimes, however, the children themselves took it for the games... :( ). This does not apply to the veterans who remained in the military service, they were required by the statute to put on all the rewards at the uniform for the parade. In those days, the game "rasshibalochka" was very popular, in which the beat was perfect for medals with a broken off or sawed off lug. Children also played "in the war" and wore the awards of fathers and older brothers, during the games often the awards were lost or broken. So my mother in childhood, lost my grandfather's medals "For Courage" and "For the victory over Germany" . :cry: :cry:

Therefore, as the colleague rocketscientist correctly pointed out, the question is - do the medals belong to one person?
Rispondi