Grigory Nikolaevich Golubchik

Tutte le Medaglie, Civili o Militari, dell'URSS
Rispondi
Alvarez

Grigory Nikolaevich Golubchik

Messaggio da Alvarez »

Hello everybody,

Documented group to Grigory Nikolaevich Golubchik, born in 1912 in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine. He participates in the war as a sapper of the 112th detached sapper battalion in the 61st rifle division and was awarded with following medals:
  • Medal for courage serial number 1.388.180 awarded on 27.09.1944
  • Order of red star serial number 1.910.479 awarded on 13.02.1945
  • Medal for defense of Caucasus
  • Medal for capture of Konisberg

Brief description of the reasons why he was awarded the courage medal:
"During forcing river Narev 8.09.1944 near Vehibitsa, comrade Golubchik was working as a rower on a raft assembled of DSL (folding landing boats), transporting artillery and ammunition under heavy enemy artillery and mortar fire. Despite the enemy fire, he made 5 trips across the river transporting 5 cannons with it’s ammunition.".

Brief description of the reasons why he was awarded the order of red star:
"Private Golubchik showed examples of persistence and courage when executing combat missions during the fighting in East Prussia. 26.III.45 when constructing a bridge across canal Mazurisher, comrade Golubchik was working on collecting construction material and on bridge construction. By fulfilling his task ahead of schedule he allowed quick passage of the advancing mechanised troops.

29.01.45 He was working under enemy artillery and machine-gun fire on bridge construction across river Alle, near Massaunen. Despite enemy fire he continued executing his task encouraging others by personal example. The objective was completed in time, which facilitated bridge construction and quick passage mechanised forces.
".

I hope you like it.
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
rocketscientist
Moderatore

Re: Grigory Nikolaevich Golubchik

Messaggio da rocketscientist »

I really love these groups, they are becoming less and less common on the market and it is a joy to see them in the forum.
It would be nice to see larger pictures of the award booklet.
Rispondi