Le decorazioni singole o in gruppo accompagnate da ricerca d'archivio
Rispondi
ruiz

OPW I, nº111.190,Lieutenant Aleksandr Stepanovich Yunkov

Messaggio da ruiz »

Award sheet

1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Yunkov, Aleksandr Stepanovich
2. Rank: Lieutenant
3. Position and unit: Artillery platoon leader in the 8th Battery, 11th Artillery Regiment, 73rd Novozybkov Red Banner Order of Suvorov Rifle Division
Nominated for: Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class
4. Year of birth: 1924
5. Nationality: Russian
6. Party affiliation: Member of the Communist Party since March 1944, membership booklet nr. 6331213
7. Participation in the Civil War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War: Since April 1, 1943
8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: Slightly wounded on September 16, 1943
9. Since when in the Red Army: Since August 22, 1942
10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the Kaverino Raion, Ryazan Oblast
11. Awards received previously: Order of the Red Star by Order of the 29th Rifle Corps nr. 41/N of March 12, 1944
12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee and the address of his family: _______________

Short, concrete description of his feat of arms or merits:

For the fact that on September 4, 1944, during the crossing of the Narew River near the village of Male (Różan District, Warsaw Governorate), he and his platoon completed a 30-kilometer march under heavy enemy bombardment and flanking fire. He was one of the first to reach the eastern bank of the Narew River, where he quickly deployed his platoon. His platoon’s artillery fire assisted the crossing of 2nd Battalion of the 413th Rifle Regiment, which successfully crossed the Narew River and expanded the bridgehead on the western bank.

Comrade Yunkov’s platoon destroyed 3 machine-gun positions and killed up to a platoon of enemy infantry, and also frustrated the actions of the enemy tanks and self-propelled artillery.

In the morning of September 5, 1944, having crossed the river to the western bank of the Narew River under enemy fire without suffering any losses, he took part in repelling 3 fierce counterattacks by enemy tanks and infantry. His platoon destroyed 2 machine-gun positions, suppressed the fire of 2 mortar batteries, and killed up to a platoon of enemy submachine gunners.

I apply for comrade Aleksandr Stepanovich Yunkov to be awarded the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class.

Commander of the 11th Artillery Regiment
Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Chebotaryov/
September 29, 1944

He deserves the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class.

Commander of the Artillery of the 73rd Novozybkov Red Banner Order of Suvorov Rifle Division
Colonel [signed] /Albrecht/
September 30, 1944

He deserves the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class.

Commander of the 73rd Novozybkov Red Banner Order of Suvorov Rifle Division
Colonel [signed] /Matronin/
September 30, 1944

I award the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class.

Commander of the 29th Rifle Corps
Guards Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Fokanov/
October 4, 1944

By Order of the 29th Rifle Corps nr. 129/N of October 8, 1944 awarded the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class.

Assistant chief of the Personnel Section of the 29th Rifle Corps
Senior Lieutenant of the Administrative Service [signed] /Golikov/
October 9, 1944
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
rocketscientist
Moderatore

Re: OPW I, nº111.190,Lieutenant Aleksandr Stepanovich Yunkov

Messaggio da rocketscientist »

Great citation and excellent order. Congrats! [264
joelabrendola

Messaggio da joelabrendola »

I love all those 1 .....wonderful ogpw ! [257
ruiz

Messaggio da ruiz »

One of the most beautiful soviet awards.

Una delle più belle onorificenze sovietiche
Rispondi