Group of the First Sergeant Danil Tikhonovich Pavlenko.

Le decorazioni singole o in gruppo accompagnate da ricerca d'archivio
Rispondi
ruiz

Group of the First Sergeant Danil Tikhonovich Pavlenko.

Messaggio da ruiz »

First Sergeant Danil Tikhonovich Pavlenko

Record card, Order booklet nr. A-869641

1. Last name: Pavlenko
2. First name and patronymic: Danil Tikhonovich
3. Military rank: Master Sergeant
4. Sex: Male
5. Year of birth: 1897
6. Place of birth: Village of Roi, Maryinka Raion, Stalin Oblast
7. Party membership (since which year): Not a member
8. Education: Elementary
9. Nationality: Ukrainian
10. Since which year in the Red Army: From September 1943 through July 1945
11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Company first sergeant in the 370th Rifle Regiment, 343rd Rifle Division, 3rd Belorussian Front
12. Current place of service and position: Keeper of supplies of the household plot of the Railroad Track Maintenance Department, village of Roya, Maryinka Raion, Stalin Oblast
13. Home address of the awardee: Village of Roi, Maryinka Raion, Stalin Oblast

14. List of all awards received:

Medal for Bravery 1.797.887, Order of the 459th Rifle Regiment nr. 036/N of August 16, 1944

Medal for Bravery 1.797.885, Order of the 459th Rifle Regiment nr. 042/N of September 7, 1944

Order of Glory, 3rd Class 392.879, Order of the 343rd Rifle Division nr. 035 of May 12, 1945

Medal for the Victory over Germany

Medal for the Capture of Königsberg

Order of the Red Star 2.770.179, Order of the 42nd Rifle Division nr. 080 of September 20, 1944
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
ruiz

Re: Group of the First Sergeant Danil Tikhonovich Pavlenko.

Messaggio da ruiz »

Order nr. 036/N

Of the ____ Verkhnedneprovsk Rifle Regiment, 42nd Smolensk Red Banner Order of Kutuzov 2nd Class Rifle Division, 49th Army, 2nd Belorussian Front

August ___, 1944 – Active Red Army

On behalf of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, I award:

The Medal for Courage to:

[…]

____. Private First Class Danil Tikhonovich Pavlenko, ________ in the 9th Rifle Company, for the fact that he, during the fighting on the approaches to the city of Grodno, was among the first to rush into the enemy trenches, where he shot 6 German soldiers with his submachine gun at point-blank range.

Born in 1897; not a Party member; Ukrainian; drafted into the Red Army on December 15, 1943 by the Military Commissariat of the Motvinsky Raion, Stalin Oblast. At the front during the Patriotic War since February 5, 1944. Sustained one combat wound. Did not receive any decorations. Home address: village of Ryt, Motvinsky Raion, Stalin Oblast. Wife: Ulyana Lukyanovna Pavlenko.

________ of the 459th Verkhnedneprovsk Rifle Regiment
Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Kozlov/

Chief of staff
Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Vyatkin/
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
Ultima modifica di ruiz il dom apr 06, 2014 3:53 pm, modificato 1 volta in totale.
ruiz

Messaggio da ruiz »

Order nr. 042/N

Of the ____ Verkhnedneprovsk Rifle Regiment, 42nd Smolensk Red Banner Order of Kutuzov 2nd Class Rifle Division, 49th Army, 2nd Belorussian Front

September ___, 1944 – Active Red Army

On behalf of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, I award:

The Medal for Courage to:

[…]

____. Private Danil Tikhonovich Pavlenko, rifleman in the 9th Rifle Company, for the fact that he, during the fighting for the village of Zhekun on September 5, 1944, with a few accurate submachine-gun bursts suppressed the fire of an enemy machine gun, which had been impeding the advance of a ________ unit.

Born in 1897; not a Party member; Ukrainian; drafted into the Red Army on December 15, 1943 by the Military Commissariat of the Mospino Raion, Stalin Oblast. At the front ___________________ ________________________ ________________________.

Commander of the 459th Verkhnedneprovsk Rifle Regiment

Chief of staff
Major [signed] /Miroshnikov/
ruiz

Messaggio da ruiz »

Award sheet for his Order Red Star.

1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Pavlenko, Danil Tikhonovich
2. Rank: Master Sergeant
3. Position and unit: Rifleman in the 6th Rifle Company of the 459th Verkhnedneprovsk Rifle Regiment, 42nd Smolensk Red Banner Order of Kutuzov 2nd Class Rifle Division
Nominated for: Order of Glory, 3rd Class
4. Year of birth: 1897
5. Nationality: Ukrainian
6. Party affiliation: Not a member
7. Participation in the Civil War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War (where and when): At the front during the Patriotic War since January 5, 1944
8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: Slightly wounded on March 12, 1944
9. Since when in the Red Army: Since December 16, 1943
10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the Mospino Raion, Stalin Oblast
11. Awards received previously (for which accomplishments): Medal for Courage by Order of the 459th Rifle Regiment nr. 036/N of August 16, 1944 and Medal for Courage by Order of the 459th Rifle Regiment nr. 042/N of September 7, 1944
12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee and the address of his family: Village of Roya, Maryinka Raion, Stalin Oblast

Short, concrete description of his feat of arms or accomplishments:

During the fighting for the main road between Ostrołęka and Łomża on September 10, 1944, he was among the first to run toward the enemy trench. He tossed several grenades in it, killing 2 German soldiers. Continuing to pursue the retreating enemy, comrade Pavlenko ran toward the main road, where he took up a position and continued firing at the enemy, thus covering his platoon’s fellow soldiers’ dash across open terrain.

He deserves the Order of Glory, 3rd Class.

Commander of the 459th Verkhnedneprovsk Rifle Regiment
September __3, 1944

By Order of the 42nd Smolensk Red Banner Order of Kutuzov 2nd Class Rifle Division, 49th Army, 2nd Belorussian Front nr. 080/N of September 20, 1944 awarded the Order of the Red Star.

Original signed by the divisional commander
Hero of the Soviet Union
Major General /A. Slits/
September 20, 1944

Verified by the assistant chief of the Division’s Personnel Section
Captain of the Administrative Service [signed] /Fyodorov/
ruiz

Messaggio da ruiz »

Award sheet for his Order of Glory III Class

1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Pavlenko, Danil Tikhonovich
2. Rank: Private
3. Position and unit: Submachine gunner in a submachine-gun company of the 370th Rifle Regiment, 343rd Białystok Rifle Division, 50th Army
Nominated for: Order of Glory, 3rd Class
4. Year of birth: 1897
5. Nationality: Ukrainian
6. Party affiliation: Not a member
7. Participation in the Civil War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War (where and when): Since October 15, 1943 on the 3rd Ukrainian Front and since August 9, 1944 on the 2nd Belorussian Front
8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: 3 wounds and 2 contusions
9. Since when in the Red Army: Since February 10, 1943
10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the Maryinka Raion, Stalin Oblast
11. Awards received previously (for which accomplishments): Medal for Courage by Order of the 459th Verkhnedneprovsk Rifle Regiment, 42nd Smolensk Rifle Division, 49th Army _______ of August 16, 1944; Medal for Courage by Order of the 459th Rifle Regiment nr. 042/N of September 7, 1944; and Order of the Red Star by Order of the 42nd Smolensk Rifle Division nr. 080/N of September 20, 1944
12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee and the address of his family: Village of Roya, Maryinka Raion, Stalin Oblast. Wife: Ulyana Lukyanovna Pavlenko

Short, concrete description of his feat of arms or accomplishments:

During the capture of the Northwestern Fort on April 8, 1945 he twice carried out a combat mission under enemy fire. He was one of the first the rush into the fort. As ordered by unit command, after the fort was captured he looked for a radio transceiver, as a result of which communications were established.

He deserves the Order of Glory, 3rd Class.

Commander of the 370th Rifle Regiment
Major [signed] /Shably/
May 9, 1945

I award the Order of Glory, 3rd Class.

Commander of the 343rd Białystok Red Banner Order of Kutuzov 2nd Class Rifle Division
Major General [signed /_______/
May 12, 1945

By Order of the 343rd Białystok Red Banner Order of Kutuzov 2nd Class Rifle Division nr. 035 of May 12, 1945 awarded the Order of Glory, 3rd Class.

Assistant chief of the Personnel Section
Senior Lieutenant [signed] /Vakulenko/
ruiz

Messaggio da ruiz »

Marshal Rokossovsky was ordered to divert significant resources of the 2nd Belorussian Front, which was in northern Poland, towards East Prussia, for caputura impostante city of Königsberg. Thither part Danil Tikhonovich Pavlenko, and that's where you get the Order of Glory III class, while taking one of the famous 15 fortifications. Unfortunately I can not know what is, and referred to it as "Fortress West" and not by his real name. These were:

Fortress "Stein"
Fortress "Groeben"
Fortress "Bronsart"
Fortress "Barnekow"
Fortress "Friedrich Koenig III"
Fortress "Gneisenau"
Fortress "Koenig Friedrich Wilhelm III"
Fortress "Lehndorff"
Fortress "Koenigin Luise"
Fortress "Herzog von Holstein"
Fortress "Friedrich Koenig IV"
Fortress "Dohna"
Fortress "Kanitz"
Fortress "Doenhoff"
Fortress "Eulenburg"
ruiz

Messaggio da ruiz »

Medal for the Victory over Germanyand Medal for the Capture of Königsberg
SergioV
Contatta:

Messaggio da SergioV »

nice group and research [264
Кто к нам с мечом придет тот от меча и погибнет
GC*
Moderatore

Messaggio da GC* »

Well, what a First Sergeant!

Drafted in December 1943, but did not waste time in getting into action!

Very significant and strong motivations and mentions.

His actions in the Siege of Koenigsberg are particularly interesting - and indeed got him an Order of Glory III. Too bad we cannot know specifically which Fort he contributed to storm, but..is the translation in your possession saying "Western Fort" or "Northwestern Fort"? If it is the second case, we could try to identify few forts among which there must be the one he actually attacked! [264
Nota_Bene
Contatta:

Messaggio da Nota_Bene »

Do you think you could post scans of the actual research documents in Russian? Maybe I can help you a little with the translation.

Alexei
"Warning - collecting can be addictive!!" - Nota Bene
ruiz

Messaggio da ruiz »

A short but intense pace for a person who started fighting at 47 years, forward infantry, the first to take action, and very successfully, with three medals in a single month, in daily assault. Definitely an intense way to Pavlenko.
filo
Moderatore

Messaggio da filo »

Fantastico Ruiz, grande gruppo, anche la Stella Rossa ha una citazione per combattimento. [197
Sii il vento, e non la foglia - С уважением, filo [hatt
ruiz

Messaggio da ruiz »

Definitely won his orders and medals in direct combat, a hero.
joelabrendola

Messaggio da joelabrendola »

ruiz ha scritto:Definitely won his orders and medals in direct combat, a hero.
.... con una faccia di quelle che è meglio non incontrare in una notte buia e solitaria :)
filo
Moderatore

Messaggio da filo »

joelabrendola ha scritto:
ruiz ha scritto:Definitely won his orders and medals in direct combat, a hero.
.... con una faccia di quelle che è meglio non incontrare in una notte buia e solitaria :)
[110.gif Le facce da bravo ragazzo molte volte sono peggiori...
The faces of a nice guy many times are the worst ...
Sii il vento, e non la foglia - С уважением, filo [hatt
ruiz

Messaggio da ruiz »

[256 [256 [256
Rispondi