Schascha 1934

Tutti le tematiche relative alla militaria URSS non trattate nelle altre stanze.
Rispondi
Alfred

Schascha 1934

Messaggio da Alfred »

Hello,

what do you think about this Schaschka from 1934.

Especially over the leather sheath.

best regards and thanks
Andreras
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
Alfred

Re: Schascha 1934

Messaggio da Alfred »

more pictures
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
Alfred

Messaggio da Alfred »

To my information. Between the year 1932 and 35 the yeat was stamped with two letter "34" on the balde. Here it is engraved.
rocketscientist
Moderatore

Messaggio da rocketscientist »

I am surprised that this topic did not trigger a wider discussion. I know for sure that there are forum members that are very fond on Shascha's and could have left here educative comments on the matter.
I am bumping the post up, hoping that this time it will be noted, such as the opportunity is not lost.

I personally like this specimen very much, I love the engraving and the general appearance. Compliments to Alfred for having it in his collection, and thank for sharing it.
Unfortunately I cannot say more, since I am not following this type of militaria on a regular basis. But I'm longing to improve...
Regaleco
Amministratore

Messaggio da Regaleco »

You are right Andreas, year of production engraved (never seen on a genuine specimen but also on a copy) doesn't match with the handle 1881 model. I provide to you some photos of my older soviet blade, a 1881 model.
m1881 verso.jpg
m1881 verso part.jpg
m1881 recto part.jpg
Soviet shashka 1881 model is produced by Zlatoust Weapons Factory with peculiar open hilt with CCCP crest in relief, brass lower ring also marked with Zlatoust. Or. Fab. and year of production (hard to see but is 1928). As you can see also the blade is marked with maker stamp (see hammer and sickle in the circle) and year match with the one stamped on the handle. This type of shashka is widely faked, easy spotted by the incorrect stamp on the blade (there is a little hammer and sickle instead of the letter "F"). My blade miss the scabbard, but 1881 model comes with wodden scabbard encased in smooth black leather.

Next photos are from my 1927 model, as you can see is a ZGZ, produced in 1934 ( both stamped on the blade) . The crest of the Soviet Union is now smooth, pommel and all the elements are nickel plated. The wooden scabbard is enclosed in black oilcloth, like all the model 1927 produced.
m1927tot.jpg
m1927verso.jpg
m1927scabbard.jpg
Hard to tell if your specimen is an assembly or 1881 model with erased year of production (why put a new year of production?). Personally also i don't like the scabbard, i saw a lot of copy with the "w" stamped on it, also the leather bother me much.
Regaleco
Amministratore

Messaggio da Regaleco »

Sto lavorando ad un post sulle shashka sovietiche, attenzione perché il modello 1881 è molto falsificato.
N.B. In Italia sono considerate armi, per poterle vendere e acquistare e di conseguenze collezionare, bisogna avere il porto d'armi (o il permesso di collezione). Stesso discorso vale per le baionette (per la legge italiana vale la destinazione d'uso, quando questa è l'offesa vige la legislazione sulle armi).
Alfred

Messaggio da Alfred »

Many thanks for your answer and the pictures.

Andreas
rocketscientist
Moderatore

Messaggio da rocketscientist »

Interesting and educative discussion, as expected. [0008024
Rispondi